On that note, I totally tripped again today. LAst time as you may recall I tripped but caught myself on my toe, causing that toe to rip and and turn black and blue, well this time I didn't catch my toe so all 10 are ok. The bad news is that means I didn't catch myself which means I flew through the air like super man with arms extended and then slid several feet on the boardwalk. My friend said I looked like I was trying to steal a base I slid so far. I just laid there and hurt, maybe said a few words... then got up and kept running or I may not have been able to if my body cooled down. I put holes through both sleeves on the palms of my hands, glad it wasn't my skin. Did take skin of my elbow and it looks like I have 2 elbows and I'm expected a very colorful bruise on my thigh and hip. What is wrong with me? I'm starting to think something is wrong with my feet. I have to consciously keep track of how I'm lifting them! Maybe I should take a running posture class! Or have my feet shortened... is that possible??
Monday, October 3, 2011
More running mishaps
When I'm running my long runs I want to have everyone have a bubble over their head like a cartoon that says how many miles they are running and if they are training, for what race. Maybe thats because as I pass all these fresh runners and they see my dragging my butt they would see how many miles I logged and I could feel better. I have always wanted someone to ask how far I'm running so I could say something cool. Well it finally happened this weekend, my friend and I passed these 2 women and I hate to be rude so I said hi as we passed and commented on how nice it was the sun finally came up and they agreed and they asked how far we were running, feeling super cool I said 12, how far are you running? 20. What could I say to that, oh wow thats a lot of miles and then keep running by. Someone finally asked how far I was going and they were going almost double!!! thats so not fair! Oh course I could hear them complaining how fast we passed them as we left so that made me feel a little better. Some people run by me like I'm standing still and it drives me nuts! Once in awhile it's nice to be the fast one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Foot binding but I wouldn't suggest it.
Post a Comment