Thursday, October 13, 2011
Is he 2 or 16?
Matt sure is getting a lot of attention this week. I've told him maybe we need to see a counselor to figure out if he's just trying for negative attention. Surely he knows we love him! As I was leaving work today I got a call from the school nurse, that Matt, my almost 16 year old son Matt, had swallowed a guitar pick at school. She said he could breathe but he was having trouble breathing and seemed to be in a lot of pain. So I ran home got Elle off the bus called my person, who is Mom my resident nurse. The poor school nurse was so worried I took him right to the ER. needless to even say almost everyone there looked at us like total loosers. Me for bringing him without seeing if he could swallow anything more than water and him for swallowing a guitar pick. They did a x-ray even knowing they probably were't going to be able to see a plastic pick! Anyway then they brought him a turkey sandwich which he ate as if he hadn't eaten all day. It went down fine so they sent him home with orders to "poop in a bag and search the poop for the pick for a few days". Great. It's a good thing so some friends organized a girl thing tonight because I need it in a bad way!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Harris did this when he was 7. He swallowed a quarter. We never found the quarter, but x-ray proved he passed it.
I'm not even sure what to say to this. Sounds distressing as a mom and exceedingly uncomfortable for Matt! Funny that the answer was food. Goes along with being a teenage boy!
Post a Comment