Thursday, September 29, 2011

whine time... not to be confused with hammer time...

It's been a frustrating few weeks with my running. I had to take 2 weeks off for a pinched nerve in my back, then this week I had the worst vertigo. I had trouble standing, walking, laying down, it was really awful so obviously I didn't run on Tuesday morning since I didn't know if I'd run off the trail. Then this morning my friend couldn't go so I thought, self you are tired and still recovering so get the extra sleep. But by this afternoon I was really crabby and I knew I needed to run. Luckily Kirk encouraged me or I still may have let it go. So I ran over at 7 to run my 5 miles. Now it's been months if not a year since i've run by myself, I've been so spoiled to have friends to run with! But I thought I would take advantage of my alone run to listen to my cute little tiny ipod player that Kirk got me for a birthday. I took the time to remember to charge it and I had headphones... I got on the trail and pushed play and it started playing some song i've never heard something like "i'm a banana" ( here it is for your enjoyment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH5ay10RTGY ) repeated several times, maybe some bongo drums in the back ground. I stopped and pushed buttons and turned it off and on but that was the ONLY song on my player!! Someone, who has yet to fess up took all my music off! It was funny but super annoying to run the 5 miles with only myself for entertainment! Needless to say since I started at 7, it got dark a lot faster than I thought so I ended up running the last 2 miles faster than i've run in the last year just to get back to my car! GO ADRENALINE!!

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Proud of you! I am sure this was not easy.

Julie Clark said...

You are inspiring! I love to listen to books on my ipod while I walk. It makes the workout go faster and I can't hear myself huff and puff as much that way :o)