About 9:30 this morning I got back from dropping all the kids at school and was telling myself,
"self, you had a really long crazy busy weekend, you deserve to go back to bed for 30 minutes"
But then I thought
"If I don't run my 6 miles today I'll let me myself quit other days and then this half marathon is down the tubes."
The first voice was winning and I had my leg up to jump up on the bed when Mom calls! She is on her way to the gym, so even though all my good running socks (2pairs) are dirty and I'm totally tired I ran my 6 and I'm very glad. I really wanted to run outside on the greenway again but it was 32 outside, so I ran on the treadmill. I watched Yes Man which I've never seen and I wish one part wasn't in the movie but when Jim Carrey faints at the chicken farm I almost fell off my treadmill laughing. So new note to self, no movies that make you cry, it's hard to cry and run and breathe, and nothing too funny... hhmmm don't know what that will be yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Watch The Bourne movies. Those are good. And why care about dirty running socks? Do you need to be all clean for a sweaty workout?
Oh man that is so hard isn't it?! That bed calls me back to it at least twice a week after the kids leave for school!
Jameson really captures it, doesn't he? I especially liked his comment about death after running!
Post a Comment