Friday, November 14, 2008

Word vomit and other noxious stuff

It has not been one of my favorite 24 hours. However I have had much worse. And some of it was nice. Elle had a tummy ache yesterday morning and I had to do that mom thing where you figure out really fast if it's A. fake send 'em to school, B. real but not bad enough, send 'em to school, or C. real and keep 'em home. She was crying and she doesn't like to miss school so I kept her home. Which Connor of course hates being a envious older brother. SO I keep her home and she actually feels better enough later so I run some errands. About 1 o'clock she asks if school is almost over? I say Yes, and she says so can you take me back to school if I feel better? NO,it's too late to take you. Oh she says, that's too bad because I am feeling much better! Typical! So I went to bed a little late I got totally sucked into this book, Veil of Roses which I recommend. And then about midnight Connor wakes up and can't sleep for awhile and then I'm finally asleep when Elle comes in and doesn't feel well and so of COURSE, Kirk puts her in our bed. About 2:30 I feel her jerk up and vomit all over my back and the bed. Totally gross. Grosser is that I let her eat Cheetos all afternoon! Nuclear orange vomit all over my white sheets, white down comforter.. and it's still coming out! So I jump out of bed and grab whatever is on the floor so she can do it on that and not on my bed. Why? I don't know, it was already covered why involved another thing? Who knows I was tired and what do I grab?? my jeans that I had casually dropped there. Even better is since my surgery I am still uncomfortable carrying a purse no matter how small, so in my back pockets are credit cards and receipts I need to turn into the church. Nice. Why do I leave my clothes on the side of the bed? I have an (irrational perhaps) fear of an emergency like a earth quake or fire in which time I would really need to be able to out clothes on quickly. There are worse bad habits, right?? So all day I've been cleaning my bed and clothes, washing puke out of Elle's hair. But now she is dancing through the back yard to see if there are any ripe raspberries in our patch , so all is well with the world. Or will be when I can get some uninterrupted SLEEP! I realize this post is a bit chatty, but my friend who I will not mention by name has been workgin out this week or helping another friend in dire straights and has not been hanging out with me so I can up my words. And Mother is traveling and seeing other people, so I have a lot of pent up conversation!! And I did take an excedrin a few minutes ago.. ahem.

3 comments:

celeste said...

Your friend sounds REALLY cool...

Parnell's said...

Oh yuck! I couldn't help but laugh though! I think because I can totally sympathize with you. Brig had that last Fri. while Bard was gone. We were up all night. Why is it that it always comes at night at night?
Ricki

Becky said...

Boo... sounds like you need a vacation! Painful to read, but because of how you write i couldn't help but to giggle. Sending love your way!