Saturday, December 21, 2013
Matts High School GRADUATION!!! 2013
Matt graduated this last Thursday! He has been attending a school through our county that allows him to do his school online at a school with teachers in the room which allowed him to go at his own pace. Which meant really really fast this year! The last 3 years have been a rough journey for him. He suffered from really bad depression. It took awhile and a few program to find what his demons were and fight them. This process put him behind in school by several classes and so we worried he would need extra time to graduate. Instead he finished early and is thrilled!! I admit I cried through a good portion of the ceremony. He lead the audience in the Pledge of Allegiance. And then was one of 3 students who won awards with cash prizes for Outstanding Senior Project!! It was a very large project that took him a few months to complete and he had to find a mentor and then give a presentation to a panel of leaders from the school and community. He rocked it. He basically had people crying lol. His subject was drug addiction. :) He has promised me that he will wear his class ring even though it says 2014 and he is now class of 2013 lol
I know the picture above isn't quite what I had in mind, but I had vertigo for 3 days that week and that day could only stand for short periods if I kept my head bent all the way to my right shoulder and when we took that picture I was put on Matts let and wanted my head to be closer. So I fell after the picture like a drunk person. Connor needs a haircut badly and won't do it, and didn't feel like sitting through graduation as you can see from his cheerful expression.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment