Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fun family dinners


This week was a very fun experimental week with food for me. I was very hungry when I looked through my copy of Cooking Light. SO we had Moroccan Chicken Skewers and Korean beef tacos, and I tried a new white pizza along with my classic pizza on friday night. And it was all so, so good! The Moroccan skewers are spicy and yummy, the first time I made them on Monday night and I forgot to buy Greek yogurt to dip them in like the recipe suggests. Everyone loved them but I said next time I'll just marinade them and not skewer them because that takes a lot of effort. But when Kirk asked me to make them for the family dinner at our house tonight and I said sure but I think I won't skewer and he said, but I like the skewers.... i skewered 9 pound of chicken thighs. It was a lot of skewers!!! But I remembered the greek yogurt and boy is it ever good like that!! The white pizza last night was good, but we agreed the magic of my pizza is the homemade pizza sauce, so i don't think it will happen again. The Korean tacos, were so delicious! Kirks only complaint was they weren't burnt enough! Its hard to cook steak for him when he likes it to be as cooked as show leather!
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-moroccan-chicken-skewers-50400000121410/

No comments: