Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kirks adventure


(Has anyone noticed that I start alot of my blogs with "so"? I think it shows that something bad, embarressing or painful is about to be told, this post is no exception.)
SO kirks leg was gouged on Saturday when his brother was backing up the truck with the trailor on it, a very old, very rusty trailor. I was loading up trash and didn't see it happen, and he didn't show me until late that night and I asked me if he took care of and he told me it was fine. Apparently taking care of it meant hollering at his brother and then going on a 3 hour bike ride in shorts, so all the nasty Georgia dirt could get in it. I don't see him at all on Sundays between both our callings, so I wasn't really thinking about it. But Elle called me as I was driving home from a fireside to say Dad was on the couch dying. I graoned of course, poor Elle, you can't tell a 7 years old girl that you are dying for heaven sakes. So (again with the so) I ran home and it was very red, with lovely shades or purple, yellow and puce green. I'm surprized his parents didn't force him to the hospital when they saw him at Sunday dinner, which I didn't make it to. I asked him if he needed to go the hospital which of course he didn't. So we rubbed polysporin all over but as you can guess it wasn't better by Monday. Long story short it's grossly infected, he had to have tetnus shot, large doses of antibiotics and coedine. All from a silly scratch that all he had to do was wash out and put some neosporin on!! And because I'm so nice, I'll even let you see a picture of it. It looks both grosser and better on camera, not sure how that works. This is his calve by the way.

1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

Men! It almost looks like it could have used a few stiches.