Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My bunch of orphans

I was driving to pick my Mom up for the airport which is about 40 minutes and I was in the middle of the city traffic talking to my sister on the phone when Elle starts screaming in the back seat where she has been playing with AJ. I guess someone bumped her loose tooth and it's still not out but it was turned sideways and gushing blood. Of course it's the day I clean out the car so I had nothing to hold the blood so I took off my red sweater jacket so she wiped all the blood off with that. We got to the airport and it's freezing so I put the wet bloody sweater back on and AJ remember that he grabbed a toy but NOT shoes. SO. I found a bag of shoes I brought to church to donate, and then realized I missed that by a week (sorry Misty) and it had a pair of Connor's old shoes. But they had plastic pieces sticking out through the back of the heel, luckily I found a big pair of scissors in the car and I cut off the back of both shoes and wallah slip on tennis shoes. We didn't look all that wonderful when Grandma got to the airport but we were there and all happy!

2 comments:

April said...

So with you on this one! Rebecca didn't bring her shoes the last time we went to pick up Aaron from the airport and I couldn't find any spare. I was so mad!! ("What in the heck are you thinking not wearing shoes???!!" "I thought we weren't getting out of the car." you know the drill...) Complete ghetto family.

Very proud of you on the running too!

likeschocolate said...

Sounds so like my life! My children are always getting in the car without shoes. I can't tell you how many times I have stopped at Target or Old Navy to buy shoes. Ugh!