Friday, November 27, 2009

Retail, no chocolate therapy

So I was feeling a little of the holiday blues today. I'm missing my family even though Kirks family is great, it's still nice to see ones own family occasionally. Maybe it was worse because I came soo close to seeing family, no guilt people. So I was moping around the house being generally annoying. I thought some retail therapy would help. So my friend Celeste and I joined the holiday masses shopping. I have to say it was fun and nice to get out. We don't have See's candy stores out here but we get the kiosks every December and I resist every year, even though I crave it. But not this year, not in my weakened state! So I bought myself the small box of nuts and chews which is their best holiday box. This lead to my biggest laugh of the day because does anyone think I came home and gave everyone a piece? No I just hid in the laundry room, ripped off the holiday wrapping paper and ate 2 pieces hiding in the laundry behind piles of laundry as tall as myself! And you know what? It was worth the laugh, I have no problem being the cliche because it was delicious!

5 comments:

Kristen Parnell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen Parnell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ken said...

Wow, your family sounds like really jerks! They should be taken behind the woodshed and smacked around!
ken

Becky said...

Way to be! There is just some holiday spirit that shouldn't be shared. Especially with children that dont know the difference between Tillamock cheese and...er... whatever else is out there. Love you!

Jameson said...

Looks like I don't get any holiday spirit.