Thursday, May 7, 2009

Good Times

Fun times down here in the south. Matt is my height, his voice has dropped and he has his braces on!! Fun rights of passage, would that be rite of passage?? Anyway it is however you spell it. Connor is in his last two weeks of elementary school and he sure acts like, moodiness has kicked in. Remember how I used to laugh because Matt would always want a hug at that age, he didn't care where his face hit on my body he would just stand there and hug and hug me. Not Connor, he likes me to hug him sometimes but when I do he immediately turns his back to me so I'm hugging him from behind. It's his own thing I guess, he does occasionally hold my hand in stores which I really like. AJ would rather die a slow painful death then be hugged or kissed, but you can tickle him till the cows come home! And Elle my lovely girl would do any of these things, although as of yet she isn't all that insistent on being cuddled. When she reads me books she's beside me, sometimes she tries out butterfly kisses which I love. It never ceases to amaze me when she reads a book I thought might be too hard, I may actually get one reader out of my kids!
I had a fantastic girls weekend last week. Ten of us from church went down to Destin and talked about self esteem, centering on life on the right things. And to help along we had one girl wax our eyebrows and lips, we painted our toes and one girls whose Hubby is a dentist brought super whitening strips!! Remember how Sean Austin talked in 50 first dates, that's how I sounded. I found that around these girls I immediately become the joker, one liners pop into my head constantly and I make a joke out of everything. I can be serious, but it's so much fun to laugh. I spent alot of my time at the beach in the water, which was so warm and so turquoise! Even up to my neck I could see the bottom! The waves there don't pound your face into the sand the way northern CA did so I swam and swam to my hearts content. The joke was the other girls would come swim with me to make sure I didn't start swimming to Mexico... Good times! And the food, wow! I ate the most incredible fish and lobster and crab, it was amazing!! We think this should be a pre-mothers day tradition!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

BOO! That sounds like so much fun! I cant believe Elle is reading! my gosh... And that should DEFINITELY be a pre-mothers day tradition. Beach? SO THERE!

nathaniel said...

We just discovered that Nathaniel is taller than me too. And size 12 shoe in men already--I know. Not shocking.
Sounds like an incredible weekend. Like a Georgia Women's Conference! Except with better food and a BEACH