Sunday, March 8, 2009
More fun Bonnie moments
I'd like to take a minute and talk about my favorite subject, my complete failures. I realize I cover this subject a lot but I have a lot of opportunities to let everyone see my failures since I rarely do them in private. My first one was yesterday evening. I went to Costco and got my groceries for the big Johnston family dinner at my house tonight, so this included the giant $30 bag of frozen chicken breasts, the four packet of Costco bacon, broccoli, asparagus, butter you know that stuff. Oh and a pizza, if you are shopping at Costco on a Sat night you might at well have a $10 pizza for dinner, so I got home and brought in the pizza. We ate it, I got ready for Stake Women's meeting at the stake center, drove to pick up my sis in law. When I got her she asked for a water bottle which is in my trunk and I said sure let me pull over and I'll get it, and she told me no she could wait until we got there. It's about 25 mins to drive there. So we got to the stake center, open my trunk and there are all the groceries. The chicken is starting to thaw, it's like 70 out there. So I walked Olivia in sat her by some friends and drove home to put my groceries away. This is when I remember very clearly that I had, had the feeling to just stop and get her the bottle of water when we were by her house which would have allowed me to find the groceries and run back home, so once again I missed the prompting until too late. SO this morning I got Kirk and Matt up early because Matt needed to be at church 45 mins before church started, so they left and I'm running around getting kids ready and Kirk calls me from church. He doesn't say hi, he just says, spring forward, and I knew what we had done!! Totally forgot about the time change, which happens to alot of people I know, BUT I am the chorister at church. The Bishop got up this morning and started the meeting before anyone realized I was not there and there wasn't a sub. The ward music coordinator got up and directed for me, but the opening song she didn't know very well and closed the song before the final chorus and started to sit down. So she got to look silly because I out her on the spot by not being better prepared, story of my life! Luckily my other calling is in nursery so most people never saw me today and so won't guess that I was late but that I was absent, although them asking for a chorister from the pulpit might make it look like I wasn't there and just didn't bother getting a sub, hmm don't know whats worse??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Oh man that sucks! Hopefully dinner turns out at least! Don't worry Bon it happens to everyone!
BTW dinner was fabulous! Best ever funeral potatoes and one can't go wrong with alice chicken!! AND if I don't say so myself the homemade rolls were also my best ever!
Sigh sounds like my life haha. Sorry!
I don't think anyone would have been too terrible hard on you for that one--there was about 1/2 as many people there today in our ward that started at 9am today.
I'm so irritated they started this time change so early--we totally get short changed on the fall back one now.
Oh! Never fear-- you're amazing, and we all do this stuff! I "stopped by" Ken's school and a friend's house the other day on my way home (one of the warmest days of the year and forgot about the groceries) and ended up staying for hours. I had a bag of Costco chicken, yogurt, milk in the car... I'm really weird about potentially spoiled foods, but I couldn't get rid of that BULK! So far haven't gotten sick ;)
You are a trooper boo! What a do-it-all woman. Way to be. I have such a great older sister to look up to
Post a Comment