Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve Party


Happy New Years everyone!! we had a fun party with all the kids and cousins and aunts, uncles, grandparents... it was fun! The kids and I blew up almost 200 balloons and stuffed some of them with confetti! I sewed one side of a fitted mattress sheet to the upstairs banister, then stuffed all the balloons in it and I used just one stitch on two corners to keep it up against the banister, then I sewed my bathrobe tie so it hung down, so at midnight all we had to do was pull hard enough to break the 2 stitches sending ballons and confetti raining down on the kids. It sounds silly but I have a lot of fun doing it, this was my best set up! Then we toasted with sparkling cider and had the house clean and the guests left all by 10:45!! Of course I will kiss Kirk happy new year at 12 and then leave right away to go get Matt from his first New Years party!! AHH the life of a teenagers parent!! Hope everyone else had a fun night and I hope and wish all the best for all of you!! May I get to see you all this year! Love!!

3 comments:

nathaniel said...

You really go all out! I'm impressed. Very clever confetti idea.
Are those glasses on your head? You aren't getting OLD are you??(hee hee)

Bonnie said...

You know it!! I only have to wear them when driving in the dark, or at movies, umm or watching tv!!!

Becky said...

Long live red sequins!