Sunday, August 3, 2008
Forks weekend
I am not done with my girls weekend in WA but I had to at least start my post about it! Mostly because Celeste told me I had to, hi Celeste I will be home soon! This has been a riot! I have laughed soo hard I've cried on several occasions! The area is so beautiful we were at the very tip of the united states, I looked across the water toward Victoria, where I will have to go next time. It is so green, the dirt is green, moss everywhere, slugs the size of my hand! we ate at the Bella Italia restaurant where the characters from our book had their first date and the food was soo amazing! The best food I can remember having in a long time! We got three desserts and passed them around which finished off Port Angeles beautifully. Forks WA is as small as it is described in the book and you couldn't pay me enough to live there full time. The area was gorgeous but there was no mall and NO movie theatre!! The grocery store was also their hardware/ clothing store!! Eck. We went to the midnight party to get our copies of the Breaking Dawn book and then Becky and I read the first chapter in the car with the light from our cellphones as we drove to the bed and breakfast where we stayed. We all read until 2:30 am and then were up by 7 to read again. We stopped only to eat breakfast and then drive to the La Push Indian reservation and read on the beach and could imagine Jacob behind every tree!! It was fun but stressful to be reading with 4 other women! Mom would gasp or laugh out loud Bex would say DON"T SAY ANYTHING! So we tried to read as fast as we could so nobody could tell us anything too fast!! Once in awhile I would ask what page everyone was on and if someone was close to me we would smile or grimace knowingly to each other. I won't ruin it for anyone but I LOVED the book. I was happy, estactic, stressed, worried, every possible emotion was used in the book and I loved it! We were done with the book by about 4 pm on sat and we immediately started again. I've now been through it twice and it's about 750 or so pages. Good stuff!! We are leaving with lots of inside jokes about chasms, hamsters, little dam road, and the pictures we did not get!! The pictures I did get I will post as soon as i get home from this marvelous trip! I feel rested and ready to attack school starting next week!! But only because i have to, because it really is too soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What can I say? I don't want to ruin anything for those who haven't read it yet. It was a little weird bon, little creepy at parts. But, besides my one main problem with the climax I thought it was fun. I really liked some of the characters. I love your post. I can't believe you read it twice in one weekend.
ken
WORLD WAR I carrier pigeons vs. Ken Benjamin's trained intelligence of Guinea pigs... That is a tough one!
-Bex
Post a Comment